Monday, 17 November 2008

Pants.


Darling ones,

I'm in the process of a step outline for my Red Planet entry. I'm reasonably pleased with the first 25 pages of script but the rest is utter PANTS. Though tortuous, step outlining is certainly a useful technique for driving the story forward.

'Your step outline should tell you where each scene ends up -- what it needs to accomplish dramatically and narratively.'
Quote courtesy of COMPLICATIONS ENSUE.

How's everyone doing with their Red Planet entry?

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Hey Elinor,

My RP entry (got to 50 pages) was so extremely PANTS that I am pretending it doesn't exist at the moment. I may return to it shortly and step outline... Lucy had some good suggestions for how I might sort it out but I haven't dared revisit it just yet. Good luck with yours.

Elinor said...

Thanks Caroline.

It's a good maxim when stuck or in my case in despair, to go to a different form of telling the story.

Keep going and we'll do PO3...

Chip Smith said...

Anyone wants to do a PO3 at any point, just shout. My RP thing is two drafts in and in need of some forthright opinions...

And in the meantime... nice pants. A bold pinstripe with a navy piping. I like your style ;-)

Elinor said...

Arf! Send it over Chip. I shall give you forthright opinions but in a very caring nurturing way.

Lucy said...

Depression and apathy has stopped the progress of my RP entry; it's had so much feedback now it is a gibbering wreck and will be reaching for Valium very soon.

John Soanes said...

I'm still wading through mine, I have to admit!
J

Elinor said...

Lucy - nooooooo!

John, I hear that! I felt a bit bogged down in too, hence the step outlining.