The creative process

I have decided, darling ones, that the process of writing is what has really hooked me. In a weird sort of way, I almost don't care that much about the finished product. Or maybe I will, if anyone actually buys anything I write. But until then, I shall keep writing. If you write then it's like leading a strange double life. One populated with characters that only you know. I must say I find it very sustaining. It is a life particularly suited to that of a carer, since, as we don't go out much, the boy and I, the world comes to me.

I retrained recently as a TEFL teacher. The plan (yes, I have a plan!) is that I will make a bit of money doing that and concentrate on the process of writing, whether or not I get paid.

I'm going to check out The Phoenix Arts Club on the 13th. I'll report back.

Comments

Rachael Howard said…
Hi Elinor.

Yep, that writing thing is definitely addictive. Maybe it should carry a health warning. Beware - extended use could damage your ability to walk through a crowd without repeated stopping to scribbled down notes.

Popular Posts