Out and About




Darling ones,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who flees to the beating heart that is London's theatre and film world as a relief from this writing lark. After all, got to keep abreast of what's going on when you're in the business of cultural creation, yourself. Right? Right... though I do tire of a) overpriced booze and b) overpriced programmes though Don Giovanni hit the nail on the head with reasonable drinks and progs for a quid from a lovely young man in a tight mankini - Theatre Royal take note!

I may have overdone it on the cultural front over the past two weeks as the contents of my bag proved when I disinterred it this morning. I've been to

YAYOI KOSAMA at the Tate Modern. Excellent, not least because everyone was at the Damien Hirst exhibition so there was plenty of room.
CREATING CHARACTERS at the Brockley Jack - see previous posts. Good value for money.
DON GIOVANNI at Heaven. A promenade performance, which made a delightful change from sitting still.
ONE MAN, TWO GUVNORS at the Theatre Royal. I was crying with laughter at this. Upon every side I heard the words 'oh it's meta-theatre' or 'I love how inter-textual it is!' I think they meant 'panto'.
BORDERLAND, part of the Write Now 3 season at the Brockley Jack. Set 5 minutes in the future, this dystopian thriller offered bleak redemption amid a good deal of angsty swearing.

So, what have you seen and would you recommend it?

Comments

Popular Posts