REVIEW: COMATOSE BY JANE BADROCK

 

First of all, a disclaimer: I'm not a huge reader of crime fiction. But what I liked about Comatose was its sense of class, place and time. The ensemble of characters all knew far too much about each other - or thought they did. But, as ever, the really interesting thing about human behaviour is the stuff that goes on beneath the surface. People are like icebergs in Comatose. 

I very much liked DS Karen Thorpe. She's the latest in a long line of complex interesting characters that I've read lately. She's determined to get her culprit - and, hurrah! She doesn't care whether people like her in the process. She's very much a modern woman in that regard, unfettered by outmnoded ideas about how a woman should behave. She has to be. How else could she do her job? The ending was unexpected by me. I do love it when that happens.

BUY IT HERE

Comments

Popular Posts